**More Thorkhill Road Burglars Convicted**
On 07/01/19, James Rainbow, 34, of Cedar Close in East Molesey, appeared at Guildford Crown Court and was convicted of the following burglaries in Elmbridge:
1. On 19/08/2018 burgled a Flat in Thorkhill Road, Thames Ditton, where he stole a pot of money and a mobile phone. 2. On 19/08/2018 burgled the Thorkhill Pharmacy, Thames Ditton, where he stole a quantity of medication, cash and a computer. 3. On 23/08/2018 burgled another flat in Thorkhill Road, where he stole a laptop, a jacket, pot of change and an air rifle. 4. On 23/08/2018 burgled Ditton Klippers hair dresser in Thorkhill Road, where he stole clippers, charity boxes, a cash tin and costume jewellery.
Rainbow was handed down the following sentences: Count 1 – 31 months imprisonment Count 2 – 18 months imprisonment concurrent Count 3 – 24 months imprisonment concurrent Count 4 – 16 months imprisonment concurrent
Adrian Dudley, 52, of St Chads Close in Long Ditton, also appeared for the same offences and received the following convictions: 1. 20 months imprisonment suspended for 24 months 2. 20 hours of Rehabilitation Activity Requirement 3. 3 month curfew – electronically tagged to his home address between 7pm and 7am each day
Burglary remains a top priority on Elmbridge and we will continue to target those responsible. The good news is that numbers are falling (FYTD = 126 less residential burglaries) and we have apprehended/charged more offenders over the past several months. This success has been through intelligence led policing and proactive work from our Specialist Neighbourhood Team, Neighbourhood Policing Team, Proactive Priority Crime Team and Criminal Investigation Department. For the past 3 months, at the request of the Borough Commander, Elmbridge has also had an increased presence in burglary patrols thanks to our colleagues in the Operations Command Team, namely our Dog Units, Roads Policing and Armed Response vehicles. A number of our arrests have also been due to vigilant members of the public, either seeing an obvious break in, or something suspicious that didn’t look quite right. “With you, making Surrey safer”.
**Thorkhill Pharmacy Burglar Convicted** On 08/01/19, Glyn Jones, 40, of Thorkhill Road in Thames Ditton, having broken court bail conditions, appeared at Staines Magistrates Court to answer a charge of burglary that occurred at Thorkhill Pharmacy in the early hours of Christmas Day 2018. Jones pleaded guilty and received the following conviction:
1. COMMUNITY ORDER MADE. THE DEFENDANT MUST COMPLY WITH THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS BY 07/01/2020: ALCOHOL TREATMENT REQUIREMENT: HAVE TREATMENT FOR ALCOHOL DEPENDENCY BY OR UNDER THE DIRECTION OF A PROVIDER SPECIFIED BY PROBATION FOR 6 MONTHS.
2. REHABILITATION ACTIVITY REQUIREMENT: OFFENDER TO COMPLY WITH ANY INSTRUCTIONS OF THE RESPONSIBLE OFFICER TO ATTEND APPOINTMENTS (WITH THE RESPONSIBLE OFFICER OR SOMEONE ELSE NOMINATED BY THEM), OR TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY ACTIVITY AS REQUIRED BY THE RESPONSIBLE OFFICER UP TO A MAXIMUM OF 25 DAYS.
3. TO PAY COMPENSATION OF £100.
4. TO PAY A SURCHARGE TO FUND VICTIM SERVICES OF £85.
Another male charged with the same offence, namely Maximillian Brazier, 31, of Hampton Road in Hampton Hill, remains in custody on remand and will be appearing at Guildford Crown Court on 24/01/19.
Have a great weekend!
AttachmentsRainbow.JPG - 37.8 KB
Message Sent By Greg Turner (Surrey Police, Sgt, Elmbridge)